How do I change my profile picture in Skype for Windows desktop?
Adding a profile picture and a few other details about yourself makes it easier for your friends to find you on Skype. You can use a picture you have on your computer, or take a photo with your webcam.
Watch this short video to find out how to update your profile picture, or follow the steps below.
To add or change your profile picture, in Skype select Skype > Profile > Change Your Picture....
To use a picture from your computer:
- Click Browse to find the picture you want to use.
- Select the picture you want, then use the slider underneath the picture to zoom in if you need to.
To take a photo with your webcam:
- Click Take a picture.
- If you're happy with it, click Use this picture, otherwise click Try again. Your previous photos are saved so you can choose the one you like the best. Just select it from Your previous pictures.
- Your new profile picture is displayed in your profile.
Who can see my profile picture?
By default, your profile picture is visible to everyone. This means it appears in search results when other people try to find you in Skype. You can change this if you only want your contacts to be able to see it.
To change who can see your profile picture:
- In Skype, click Skype > Profile > Edit Your Profile....
- Under your picture, select from:
- Public - visible to everyone on Skype
- Contacts only - visible to just your contacts
Want to update other profile information? Go to how do I update my profile information.