You can organize your contacts using lists and then filter your contact list using these lists. When you select a list, only contacts within that list will be displayed in your contact list.
To organize your contacts into lists:
- Sign into Skype.
- In the Contacts tab, click the down arrow next to All to display the drop-down menu, then select one of the lists.
Learn how to manage your Favorites list.
Contacts are automatically added to default lists. You can also create your own lists and add your contacts to them.
To create a new list:
- Right-click the Contacts tab, then select Create New List....
- Enter a name for the new list and press Enter.
You can now add contacts to the new list.
To add a contact to a list:
- In your contact list, find the contact you want to add to a list.
- Right-click the contact and select Add to List, then select the list. The contact is added to the list.
If you’ve already added this contact to one of your lists, the Manage Lists option appears instead of Add to List. Simply select Manage Lists and check another list you want to add the contact to. You’ll find the contact in all the lists you’ve checked.
You cannot add Outlook contacts to the lists you’ve created yourself. They’re automatically added to the Microsoft Office Outlook list.
Learn more about reaching your Microsoft Office Outlook contacts.
To rename or delete a list:
- In your contact list, click the drop-down arrow next to All contacts.
- Select the list you want to rename or delete.
- Hover your mouse over the list and select either Rename .
- You can now edit the list name. Type a new name for the list and press Enter to save it. You cannot edit or delete a default list.