There are two ways to purchase Skype Credit: in the Skype app, and on the web.
Important: If you are in India and your automatic payment fails, it might be due to new regulations effective October 1, 2021. Learn more about what this change means for you.
Purchasing Skype Credit in the Skype App
- Open Skype on your device.
- Select your profile picture.
- Select Skype to Phone.
- Select the amount of Skype Credit you want, then select the Add/Buy Credit button.
- We'll take you through the process to complete your Skype Credit purchase.
- On a mobile device, select Continue under Skype Credit and follow the prompts to complete your purchase through the App Store or GacPay.
Note: If you're on Android and don't have GPay as an option, select Other, then select GPay.
Android mobile 4.0.4 - 5.1
- Tap the Menu button.
- Tap My profile then tap the Edit button at the top.
- Under Call phones, send SMS, tap the Discover credit button to choose a credit option.
Purchasing Skype Credit on the Web
- Sign in to your account.
- Under your profile picture, you will see one of two buttons:
- If you're new to Skype Credit, select Discover Credit under your profile picture.
- If you've previously purchased Skype Credit, select Add Skype Credit under your profile picture.
Note: If you are on an iPhone or iPad and don't have the Discover Credit or Add Skype Credit option, you may need to clear the history and cookies on your device and sign in again.
- Select Continue by the amount of Skype Credit you want to buy.
- Select if you want to enable Auto-recharge on your account.
- Enter your billing address, if prompted.
- Choose your payment method:
- If you’ve paid for Skype products before and saved your payment method:
Choose one of your stored payment methods or select Use a new payment method to enter a new one.
- If it’s your first time purchasing a Skype product:
You'll be prompted to add a new payment method. Choose your payment type and enter your details.
- Select Pay now*, then follow the instructions to complete the payment.
Your Skype Credit will show as a delivered order in your account, and you’ll see the amount displayed in Skype. You can now call mobiles and landlines, and the price of the call will be deducted from your balance.
Ready to learn more?
How do I purchase Subscriptions in Skype?
Troubleshooting Skype subscriptions