How can I be sure that the install file I download is from Skype?
Only download the Skype install file from the Skype website. Do not download Skype install files from anywhere else.
If you have downloaded a Skype install file but are unsure if it is from Skype, we suggest that you download it again from the Skype website.
To double-check that the file you have downloaded is from Skype, you can check the digital signature of the install file.
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the folder where you downloaded the file.
- Right-click the file and select Properties.
- In the Digital Signatures tab, check that Skype Technologies SA is listed.
- If Skype Technologies SA is NOT listed, we suggest that you download the install file again from the Skype website.
- For more information on the signature, select the Skype Technologies SA signature and click Details.