How do I pay by one-off bank transfer? Back to search results
Paying by one-off bank transfer means that you complete payment for a Skype product you like at your bank (in person, by post, or by phone or online). The following questions and answers will help you understand how to set up and complete a one-off bank transfer.
If you have a problem with your bank transfer, these tips can help.
How do I set up a one-off bank transfer?
It’s easy to set up a one-off bank transfer to purchase Skype products:
- Sign in to your Skype account.
- Select the Skype product that you want to buy.
- A) If you’ve previously paid for a Skype product using a different payment method:
If you've previously bought a Skype product and used a different payment method, you'll need to change it to a one-off bank transfer. Click Change under the Paying with section displayed on the right side of the screen. Select One-off bank transfer from the More payment methods drop-down list and click Next.
B) If this is your first time buying a Skype product:
Enter your billing name and address. If your details are already pre-filled, make sure everything is up-to-date.
Need to change your billing address? Learn how.
Select One-off bank transfer from the More payment methods drop-down list and click Continue.
- Click Next. The instructions for completing your bank transfer are displayed.
These instructions are also sent to you by email. Click Print to print a copy of these instructions for reference when completing your payment.
- Complete the payment at your bank (in person, by post, or by phone or online) using the information supplied. The payment is usually completed in 3 to 7 business days, depending on the banking system and country involved.
Important: Make sure you include your unique payment reference number when you complete the payment at your bank as Skype uses this to match your payment to your order.
Find out how to purchase Skype Credit.
What details do I need to complete my bank transfer?
The instructions for payment are displayed when you confirm your order. You need the following information to complete the bank transfer:
- The amount you want to pay.
- Our payment processor’s banking details.
- Your unique payment reference number.
Remember: Your unique payment reference number is mandatory. Without it, Skype cannot complete your order.
These instructions are also sent to your primary email address. If you do not receive this email, make sure that the primary email address in your Skype profile is correct, then create a new order and pay for that one instead of the old order.
What happens if I don’t pay for my bank transfer?
Nothing. Your order will continue to have a status of Pending. No funds will be taken out of your bank account and your account status is not affected in any way.