How do I use Skype Click to Call?
Skype Click to Call makes calling numbers from web pages simple.
First, you’ll need to install Click to Call in your web browser. When you’ve done that, you’re ready to make a call from your browser quickly and easily. If you’ll be calling the number regularly, you can add it as a contact in Skype. There’s also a call from mobile option on Android which sends the number to your phone for you to save it or call it later.
Starting a call
To start a call directly from your web browser:
- Make sure you’re signed in to Skype.
- Hover your mouse over a blue phone number on a web page, and in the drop-down box that appears, click Call.
- If you need to change the country code, click the drop-down arrow. If you don’t want to see this pop-up box in future, check Do not ask me again.
- Click OK. The call starts in Skype.
Numbers labelled “FREE” won’t cost you anything to call from Skype. If a number is a mobile or landline number, you’ll need some Skype Credit or a subscription that covers the number you’re calling.
Adding a number to your contacts
If you'll be calling a number regularly, it's a good idea to add it to Skype as a contact.
To add a number to your contacts:
- Hover your mouse over the number you wish to add and select Add to Skype.
- Enter a name for the contact and click Save.