How do I use Skype Click to Call?
Skype Click to Call is a really easy way for you to make calls to numbers on websites, with just one click.
Learn how to get Skype Click to Call.
This FAQ will show you how to:
- Start a call
- Add a number to your contacts
- Change the country code of a Click to Call number
- Remove Skype Click to Call
Skype Click to Call is supported by:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer (version 8 or above), Firefox and Google Chrome for Windows desktop
To start a call from your browser, simply hover the mouse over the highlighted number on the website and select Call from the drop-down menu. Depending on your browser, you might see a pop-up message asking you to confirm that you want to start Skype.
It’s free to call numbers that are labeled “FREE”. When you hover your mouse over a number, a list of options is displayed.
You must be signed in to Skype to call from a website.
If you try to call a number from a website after you've signed out, Skype opens automatically. To start the call, simply sign in and confirm that you wish to make a call.
If you don’t want this window to be displayed the next time you call a number from a website, check the Do not ask me again box.
To add a number to your contact list, hover the mouse over the number and select Add to Skype.
The number is automatically added to your contacts. You can rename the contact if you want and call them straight away.
To change the country code for an individual number:
- On a website, click the highlighted number you want to change.
- In the message box displayed, click the flag menu drop-down list next to Change country code for this call, and choose the correct country code.
Click OK to dial the number.
You can go to your Control Panel to uninstall Skype Click to Call:
- For Windows XP: Click Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs. Find Skype Click to Call and click Remove.
- For Windows Vista and 7: Click Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features > Uninstall a Program. Find Skype Click to Call and click Uninstall.
- For Windows 8/8.1: Move your mouse to the top right hand corner of the screen, and click the Search option. In the search box, type Add or remove programs, then click on the Add or remove programs search suggestion that comes up. Find Skype Click to Call and click Uninstall.