How much does a Skype Number cost?
The cost of a Skype Number subscription varies depending on which country you want the Skype Number for and how long the subscription lasts (1, 3 or 12-months).
To check the cost:
- Go to the Get a Skype Number page. You'll be prompted to sign in if you aren't already.
- Select the country you want the Skype Number for, and you will be given a number.
- Select Continue or Show other local numbers to choose a different Skype Number.
- Select a billing period (1, 3, or 12-months), to view the prices.
You can get a discount on your Skype Number when you buy a calling subscription. Just make sure your subscription is active before you buy your Skype Number and you’ll get a 50% discount if you buy a Skype Number for a year.
How much will it cost my friends to call my Skype Number?
How can I pay for a Skype Number?
You can pay for a Skype Number by credit card, PayPal, Skrill (Moneybookers), bank transfer or other payment methods. In most countries*, you can also pay using Skype Credit if your balance is high enough.
Skype Number subscriptions are renewed automatically at the end of the subscription period, but you can cancel it at any time.
To make sure your subscription continues without interruption, the recurring payment is taken three days before the subscription expires. You don’t lose these three days: your Skype Number subscription is still valid for the full period that you signed up for (1, 3, or 12-months).
If you make the initial payment by credit card, PayPal or Skype Credit, the same payment method will be used for the recurring payment.
If the initial payment is made using Skrill, bank transfer or other payment methods, the recurring payment will be taken from your Skype Credit balance.
Recurring Skype Number subscriptions aren’t available in France so you’ll need to extend your subscription manually each time before the expiry date.
Find out how to update the payment method for your Skype Number subscription.
How do I set up a Skype Number for another country?
You can buy a Skype Number for most countries they're available in, even if you don't live there. Find out which countries Skype Numbers are available in.
However, some countries require proof of residence, so unless you have a valid address there, you won’t be able to get a number for that country. These countries include:
- South Korea (Skype Numbers in South Korea must be purchased through our partner, Daesung.)
Verification of your registered address may vary across individual countries.
Important: If you live in Brazil or Switzerland, you can't buy a Skype Number using Skype Credit.
Note: You cannot purchase a Skype Number for New Zealand or Japan from India.
How long does it take to activate a Skype Number?
Skype Numbers from most countries activate automatically as soon as your payment is processed.
However, if you were required to provide proof of residence, this information needs to be verified by the local authorities. It usually only takes a few days but may take up to two weeks depending on the country. After the appropriate authorities have verified your details, we can activate your Skype Number.
If your personal details could not be verified, but the payment for the Skype Number was completed, contact Skype Customer Service to request a refund.
Can I use my own phone number or another existing number as my Skype Number?
No, we will randomly select a number for you. You can use this pre-selected number or select Show other local numbers to choose a different one.
How many Skype Numbers can I set up?
You can have up to 10 Skype Numbers attached to your account – perfect if you frequently receive calls from more than one location. You can choose a different Skype Number for each country or area code you regularly expect calls from.
Why am I having issues purchasing a Skype Number?
- If your payment fails, we’ll hold your Skype Number in reserve for you so that you can attempt the purchase again. To purchase a Skype Number you have reserved:
- Sign in to your account.
- In the Manage features section, select Skype Number.
- Click the number you have reserved (listed near the bottom of the screen), then select your subscription length and payment options.
- If you don't see the option to purchase a Skype Number, make sure it's available in your country.
- If you don't see the correct billing information, make sure you are signed into the correct account.
- If you get a message that your account has been restricted from using Skype's paid features, you may be able to fix your account.