From the Chats or Contacts tab, select the person or group you want to send a voice message.
- Select the Microphone to record your voice message. Voice messages can be up to 5 minutes long.
- Select Send audio message to send it to your chat.
- If you want to delete the sent message:
- On desktop, right-click the message and select Remove.
- On mobile, tap and hold the message and select Remove.
Audio Transcription in Skype Voice Messages
How do I enable transcription for my voice messages in Skype?
- After sending or receiving a voice message, select the 'Convert to Text' option to enable transcription.
- The transcription will appear below your voice message in the chat.
What should I expect from the audio transcription feature?
- The transcription will be displayed below the audio message UI.
- The currently spoken sentence will be highlighted or in bold, with upcoming text greyed out.
Can I rely on the accuracy of the transcription?
While we strive to provide accurate transcriptions, the 'Convert to Text' feature may not always be perfect. Factors such as poor audio quality, background noise, or unclear speech can affect the accuracy of voice-to-text technology. If the transcription is unable to accurately convert your message, you will receive a notification indicating that the text cannot be recognized. We recommend reviewing the transcription for accuracy before relying on it as a sole source of information.