Skype for Android 126.96.36.199 and iOS 188.8.131.52 begins rolling out May 16, 2019 and releases gradually over the next week.
You asked, we delivered
Send feedback Go to Known Issues
- General improvements and enhancements
Skype for Android and iOS 184.108.40.206 begins rolling out April 30, 2019 and releases gradually over the next week.
Previous release notes
Skype for Android 220.127.116.11 begins rolling out April 16, 2019 and releases gradually over the next week.
- Improvements to message forwarding: You can now forward a quoted message.
- Downloaded photos and videos are now saved to a Skype folder on your device.
- Decline an incoming call with a message: Android users have the option to decline an incoming call with a message. Choose from a selection of common messages or create your own.
Skype for Android 18.104.22.168 and iOS 22.214.171.124, begins rolling out March 28, 2019 and releases gradually over the next week.
- Switch between Speaker view or Grid view during a video call: You now have the option to switch views to see only the active speaker, or up to 4 participants at once during a video call.
- Screen sharing goes mobile: Share your phone's screen with friends and family, just tap the More button and select Share screen.
- Review before you send: Now, when you drop files or media into a chat, you can preview them before sending.
Skype for Android 126.96.36.199 and iOS 188.8.131.52, begins rolling out March 11, 2019 and releases gradually over the next week.
- Quickly view a participant's profile while you're in a call: Simply long press on the participant and select View profile.
- Effortlessly set the mood: Quickly choose a list of mood messages that match your sentiment and change out the emoticon to match.
- Updated descriptions for signing out of Skype.
Android 184.108.40.206 and iOS 220.127.116.11, begins rolling out February 28, 2019 and releases gradually over the next week.
- Large group calls: You can now start a group call in groups up to 50 members.
- The sound of silent meetings: Group calls with more than 25 participants will now be ringless. Rather than ringing everyone in a group, they'll receive a notification that the meeting has started and can jump in when they're ready.
- To ring or not to ring? For group video calls with less than 25 participants, you can choose whether you want your call to ring everyone in the group or be ringless.
- Easier to watch: When videos are shared in a chat, you can now watch them right from your active conversation!
- Search a conversation for a keyword or phrase: Use the Find feature to stay on top of your conversations and instantly refer back to a chat from days, weeks or months ago.
- More ways to block unwanted spam calls: When you receive a call from an unwanted phone number, you'll have the option to block the number right from the chat.
- Stay in touch by being in sync: When you choose to sync your address book with your Skype contact list, your contacts can now be found across your devices so you can connect even more.
- Improvements to in-conversation search results.
Android 18.104.22.168, and iOS 22.214.171.124, begins rolling out February 13, 2019 and releases gradually over the next week.
- Why didn't my call go through? When a call isn't successful, you'll now see more details about why it didn't connect.
- More control over live captions & subtitles: Choose to only show subtitles for others and not yourself.
- Added ways to get notified: You now have the option to receive email notifications for missed calls or messages. From your profile picture, select Settings, select Notifications, and then under E-Mail Notifications toggle on the options to receive Missed call reminders and Missed Message reminders.
- Try Skype without an account by signing in as a guest from any platform.
- Improvements to in-conversation search results.
- Make sure your friends know who's calling: How do I set up caller ID?
- Ever type a message and don't remember if you sent it? Unsent message drafts will now show as a draft in your recent chat list.
Android, and iOS 126.96.36.199 begins rolling out January 28, 2019 and releases gradually over the next week.
- Streamlined call controls: More quickly access your most frequently used tasks – the microphone, camera, and end call buttons. Just tap the More () button to find anything else you might need. Learn more.
- Do you hear what I hear? Call participants who are muted will now show their avatar, along with the mute icon so you’ll always know when silence is golden – or not.
- Take collaboration to the next level: Seamlessly interact with individual participants while on a group call. Just long-press and hold on a participant to access a list of options for interacting. Learn more.
- Express yourself like never before: Now, when you send a message on Skype you can personalize your chat with GIFs and send them right from the chat window.
- Skype will now notify you if you haven’t granted permissions to use the microphone during the call.
Android, and iOS 188.8.131.52 begins rolling out January 22, 2019 and releases gradually over the next week.
- Stay in the know: When someone ads you to a group chat, you’ll now receive a notification.
- Improved access for managing your profile and updates to presence statuses.
- View more of your conversations right in your Chats list: Previously you could see just your most recent conversations, now you can scroll through more of them.
- Do more even faster on iPhone and iPad: Swipe left or right from your Chats to quickly access a list of common actions.
- Skype subscriptions are available on Skype for iPhone in Australia.
Android, 184.108.40.206 begins rolling out December 12, 2018 and releases gradually over the next week.
- Receive SMS messages: You can now receive SMS messags in Skype if you have a Skype Number with Caller ID set up. Learn more.
- New Contacts panel gives you more control, and includes more options for customizing your contacts.
- Quickly find your friends: In your Chats, under People You May Know you'll find suggested people to connect with.
- Get the conversation started sooner: Long press the Skype icon on your device to start a new chat, go to your recent chats, start a new call, or change your presence status. This feature is only available in Skype for Android (6.0+).
- Add a phone number to an existing contact: From your friends profile, select Add a phone number.
- More control over your data use: Choose whether to use WiFi or cellular to automatically download your newest photos – or choose not to.
Android, and iOS 220.127.116.11 begins rolling out December 3, 2018 and releases gradually over the next week.
- Never go unheard again. If you mute someone, or someone mutes you during a call, you’ll now receive a notification that “another participant muted your microphone."
- You can now remove unessential contacts from group chats. They will receive a notification when they are removed, but you can always add them back at any time. Learn how.
- Set reminders to schedule Skype calls with your friends or family.
- We’ve made improvements to network connectivity, and connection messages, making it easier to know when you’re having connection issues.
- Having a bad hair day? Choose if you want to answer a video call with your video camera.
- Poor connection getting you down? We’ve added the option to turn off incoming video when your connection is poor to help improve call performance.
- Never go unheard again. If you mute someone, or someone mutes you during a call, you’ll now receive a notification that “another participant muted your microphone." Learn more about what you can do during a call.
- Push notification order: Push notifications on iOS 12 will now be grouped by conversation instead of chronologically.
- You can now use OneDrive for sharing: Use OneDrive to share files and photos with your friends and family. From Chats, select the add in button, select OneDrive, select the file you want to send, and then select Send.
- New notification sound setting: Stop your device from playing a sound when you get a new Skype message. From your profile, select Settings > Notifications, and then toggle Notification sounds off or on. Learn more about managing notifications in Skype.
Android, and iOS 18.104.22.168 begins rolling out November 12, 2018 and releases gradually over the next week.
- Easily share Skype contact details with others: From a chat, select the share contact button, select a contact to share, and then select send.
- Make Skype calls right from your address book: From your device address book, just tap the Skype button next to the person you want to call on Skype.
- Search directory improvements: We've refined our search results to better help you find the people you're looking for.
Android 22.214.171.124 and iOS 126.96.36.199 begins rolling out October 24, 2018 and releases gradually over the next week.
- Add a phone number as a contact: Easily add someone's phone number as a contact in Skype. Learn more.
iPhone 188.8.131.52, and iPad 184.108.40.206 begins rolling out October 10, 2018 and releases gradually over the next week.
- Accomplish more with Microsoft To-Do in Skype: Press and hold, or right-click on a message to create a task. Manage your To-Do's from your Add-ins.
Learn more about how to get stuff done with Microsoft To-Do.
- Video sharing: The length of videos that can be shared is now 1 minute.
- Choose where to open web links: Now, when you receive a web link from a contact, you can choose whether to open it in Skype, or your default web browser. Learn more.
Android and iPad 220.127.116.11 begins rolling out September 26, 2018 and releases gradually over the next week.
- URL previews: Enable or disable displaying URL previews in Skype chat from your settings. Tap your profile picture > Settings > Messaging > Display URL previews and toggle it on or off.
Android, and iOS 18.104.22.168 begins rolling out September 12, 2018 and releases gradually over the next week.
- Read receipts: See at a glance who's read your messages. Once someone reads your message, their avatar appears beneath it in your chat - so you can see how far they've read in the conversation.
Android, and iOS 22.214.171.124 begins rolling out August 27, 2018 and releases gradually over the next week.
- See which account you're signed in with: Have multiple Skype accounts? We've made it easier to identify which one you're signed in to. Tap your profile picture and both your Skype Name and the account you're signed in as will be displayed.
- Archive your conversations: Hide your conversations by archiving them.
- Stop unwanted calls: Unwanted calls from people you don't know can be a distraction. Now, you can avoid those distractions and choose to only allow calls from your contacts to ring.
- Cortana is now supported in English (United Kingdom), en-GB.
Android, and iOS 8.28.0..41 begins rolling out August 13, 2018 and releases gradually over the next week.
- Record your calls: Introducing cloud-based Skype call recording directly from the app.
- Color filters for photos: Use color filters to inject some charm into new or existing photos and delight your friends.
- Spotify: Music lovers can now search for songs, albums and artists, preview, play, and share music on Spotify! Just select the Add to chat button to get started.
- Skype Number: You can now manage your Skype Number right from your settings in the app.
Android 8.27.0..88, and iOS 126.96.36.199 begins rolling out August 9, 2018 and releases gradually over the next week.
- Introducing Private conversations: For those seeking extra encryption for your conversations, you can now keep the information you share confidential with end-to-end encrypted audio calls and messages using the industry standard Signal Protocol. Learn more about private conversations.
- Tabbed conversations: Maximize the way you experience Skype with the ability to quickly switch between multiple conversations with the same person.
Android 188.8.131.52 begins rolling out July 25, 2018 and releases gradually over the next week.
- New settings experience - Easier navigation to the settings you're looking for.
- Bluetooth improvements - Improved functionality with connected bluetooth devices.
Android 184.108.40.206 begins rolling out July 3, 2018, iOS 220.127.116.11 begins rolling out July 9, 2018, and releases gradually over the next week.
- General improvements and bug fixes.
Android and iOS 18.104.22.168 begins rolling out June 20, 2018, and releases gradually over the next week.
- Select multiple messages at once: Managing your messages is now much faster with the ability to select multiple messages at once to copy, forward, or delete them. To select multiple messages, tap and hold and tap Select Messages. (The option to delete multiple messages at once is only available for messages you sent to a conversation).
Android 22.214.171.124 begins rolling out June 6, 2018, and releases gradually over the next week.
- Easily access your contacts from the Dialpad.
Android 126.96.36.199 and iOS 188.8.131.52 begins rolling out May 21, 2018, and releases gradually over the next week.
- General improvements and bug fixes.
Android and iOS 184.108.40.206 begins rolling out May 9, 2018, and releases gradually over the next week.
- General improvements and bug fixes.
Android 220.127.116.11 begins rolling out April 11, 2018, and releases gradually over the next week.
- General updates and improvements.
Android and iOS 18.104.22.168 begins rolling out March 19, 2018, and releases gradually over the next week.
- General improvements and bug fixes.
Android 22.214.171.124 and iOS 126.96.36.199 begins rolling out March 5, 2018, and releases gradually over the next week.
- General improvements and bug fixes.
Android 188.8.131.52 and iOS 184.108.40.206 begins rolling out February 21, 2018, and releases gradually over the next week.
- Save those special moments forever: While on a Skype call, you can tap the Snapshot button to capture your Skype call moments and share it to your call and conversation.
- Calling international numbers: You can select a different country or region from the dialpad dropdown.
Android and iOS 220.127.116.11 begins rolling out February 5, 2018, and releases gradually over the next week.
- Send SMS text messages! You've been asking and now it's here, you can send text messages to your friends on Skype.
- Search results defined: We've made it easier to see where your search results are coming from; your existing contacts, messages in one-to-one and group chats, and potentially new contacts.
- Stop scrolling and get right to it. Now you can instantly jump to your most recent message within a chat. Just select the down chevron button next to the message window.
- Share files on Android: From your Add to chat button, tap the file button to share any files from your phone with your friends in chat.
- Improvements to iOS call handling: If you were having issues with your phone alarm causing calls to stop, hold, and resume, this has been fixed.
- Improved Android audio controls: Easily switch between your speaker, wired headset, or Bluetooth device.
- Purchase flow enhancements on iOS: Having trouble with a purchase? We fixed the issue.
- Accessibility performance improvements.
Android & iOS 18.104.22.168 begins rolling out January 10, 2018, and releases gradually over the next week.
- Notifications: We've added a new notification type. Toggle Tips & Tricks on to receive in-app notifications from Skype about features.
- Updates to Calling: Sending reactions and photos during a call has a new location in the Plus menu which is displayed while on your call.
Android & iOS 22.214.171.124 begins rolling out December 4, 2017, and releases gradually over the next week
- Share and share alike: A new, easier way to invite anyone to join your group conversation. To give it a try, select Share link to join group right at the top of your group profile.
- Call controls shortcut: When Skype is running in the background during a call, you can turn the call controls shortcut window on or off. Go to Settings > Calling > Toggle Show call window when Skype is in the background on or off.
- Call Quality Indicator: We've added a Call Quality Indicator that displays if there's a problem with your call, so you can check your connection speed in Skype.
- Quickly find more message reactions: We've added a right and left arrow button to messaging reactions, so you can easily find even more reactions to express your feelings.
- Camera not working during a video call: We've fixed the Skype camera issue with video calling.
Android 126.96.36.199 & iOS 188.8.131.52 begins rolling out November 6, 2017, and releases gradually over the next week.
- Photo effects: Once you take a photo, choose from a carousel of fun effects. Save or share the picture you created.
- Place calls on hold: Place a call on hold while taking another call.
Android & iOS 184.108.40.206.64295 begins rolling out October 23, 2017, and releases gradually over the next week.
- Presence changes you asked for: From your profile, set yourself to Active, Do not Disturb, or Invisible
- A new way to manage and control notifications: Learn how to set your Do Not Disturb presence, and manage notifications in the new Skype.
- Call a phone number right from your contacts profile. If your friend has a phone number saved, you can easily tap it to call them right from their profile.
- Quick microphone and camera permissions on iPhone: It's now easier to enable your microphone and camera permissions during a call with one tap.
- Cortana suggestions got a refresh: We heard the suggestions were a little large. We've updated the size to be a little more balanced.
Android & iOS 220.127.116.11630 begins rolling out October 9, 2017, and releases gradually over the next two weeks.
- Contact filtering made easy. You can easily filter your Skype contacts by All, Skype only contacts, and which of your contacts is Active Now on Skype.
Android & iOS 18.104.22.168578 begins rolling out September 26, 2017, and releases gradually over the next two weeks.
- Save phone numbers as contacts. Any phone number you've called can be added as a contact.
- Manage how people find you in Skype. Choose which phone numbers others can find you by on Skype.
- Manage bots easier. Use the new Delete option to remove bots from your chat list.
Android & iOS 22.214.171.124460 begins rolling out September 12, 2017, and releases gradually over the next two weeks.
- Quick Sign in. Quickly sign back into your app with one tap, after signing out.
- Contacts filter. Easily filter your contacts to show who is on Skype and who is not.
- Contacts number. Any phone numbers your contacts have listed will now show in your contact's profile.
- iOS crash issues. If you were having issues with your app, they should be fixed now.
- Unable to sign out on Android. You can sign out of your app on Android.
Android & iOS 126.96.36.199324 begins rolling out August 28, 2017, and releases gradually over the next two weeks.
- Ability to switch languages. Under settings you now have the freedom to change your app language. Learn more.
- Tired of calls answering in Speakerphone? Well it’s finally here, when answering calls with audio only your incoming calls should go to your earpiece first and not the speakerphone. While answering calls with video the call will then go to your speakerphone.
- Capture screen bug. Fixed a bug where when entering the capture screen the screen would just be black. Let us know if this issue continues.
- Contact list for voiceover. Made improvements to the contact list for voiceover. Should be clearer who is online and who is not.
Android & iOS 188.8.131.52426 and 184.108.40.206425 begins rolling out August 14, 2017, and releases gradually over the next two weeks.
- Set your Mood! Under settings you can now change your mood message letting everyone know how you feel. Learn more.
- Notification bug fixed. Missed a call because it didn't ring. We have made more improvements in this area. Let us know if you experience more notification issues.
- Presence voice over has been added, making it easier to find who is online.
- Coach marks have been added, giving an in-depth tour of the app.
- Blocked contacts bug fixed. Were you receiving calls from blocked contacts? We fixed the issue.
- Profile picture. You can now zoom and crop your picture!
- Chinese public/government calls. The ability to dial and call 3 or 7 digit numbers has been added.
- Contact bug fix. We fixed an issue where phone numbers were not showing up as a name even though it was in the address book.
- Chat history. Having trouble trying to find a certain date in a conversation? We added the floating banner with the date when you are scrolling, making it easier to find that exact date you are looking for.
- Top crashes. We are always focused on these, let us know if you encounter a problem!
- Avacadolove emoji is back!
Android & iOS 220.127.116.11670 and 18.104.22.168669 begins rolling out August 1, 2017, and releases gradually over the next two weeks.
- Online status is back!!! Due to MASSIVE popular demand, customers want to see when their friends and coworkers are currently active in Skype. It is super easy! Your green dot will automatically show when your status is Active Now. Learn more.
You can also filter your Chat List by Active, try the filter icon in the search box.
- Want to be invisible? ...turn off the new green dot. That was another popular request, so we added that too! From your profile, tap your status, and then select Invisible. Learn more.
- Dark theme. No need to describe this one. If you are one of the many who asked for it, you got it. Enjoy! Learn more.
- Monochromatic theme. was added for those who requested less gradients or a more professional color scheme. Learn more.
- Managing blocked contacts is much easier. From your profile, go to Settings > Contacts > Blocked contacts. Learn more.
- iOS share charm has been added, so you can share those important things with your friends and family.
- Notification bugs fixed. Missed a call because it didn’t ring? We’ve fixed one bug in this area, but let us know if you experience more notification issues.
- Top crashes. We are always focused on these, let us know if you hit a problem!
- Make phone calls more easily – You can now make phone calls to non-Skype users when you search for them in Skype. Just tap on their name in Search and select the Call option.
- Reduced squiggle lines in the Chat list. Based on feedback the lines were a little too distracting, we’ve reduced the use of them in UX.
- Setting icon got a refresh. We heard the icon looked like a sun, we updated the icon to look more like the traditional gear icon.
- Problem playing videos? People reported they could not play videos, we found a bug and fixed it.
Android & iOS 22.214.171.124850 and 126.96.36.199852 release July 19, 2017
- Chat bubble (message padding) has been reduced, it was huge! Smaller padding size allows you to view more of your message at once.
- Unread messages count on the home screen is now up and running so you don't miss those important chats.
- Xiaomi Mi5 Audio Issues have been fixed, all it took was some Skype magic.
- Android share charm has been added, so you can share those important things with your friends and family.
- iOS voice over for screen readers has been fixed, making it easier to compose your chats and review them before sending.
- Delete Skype contacts is here, but keep in mind you will only see this option if they are not in your synced mobile device address book as well.