With Skype for content creators, you can collaborate, tell your story, and quickly share it with your audience - all without investing in expensive equipment!
Ready to start livestreaming to your engaged fans?
Skype for content creators works directly within NewTek NDI ®
enabled software, and is available in Skype on Windows 7, 8, 8.1, Skype for Windows 10 & 11 (version 15), and Mac users. To enable Skype content creators mode before or during a call:
- Select your profile picture, and then select Settings.
- Select Calling, and then select Advanced.
- Toggle Allow NDI usage on or off.
How do I use NDI on Skype for Windows 10 & 11 (version 15)?
FAQ and known issues with Skype for content creators
When using NDI on Skype for Windows 10 & 11 (version 15), the NDI application will need to be running on a separate machine than Skype for Windows 10 & 11 (version 15) on the same network. Why is my video frozen?
When your video feed ends, it may appear as is your video is frozen. It's not frozen — the final frame is just retained, and that's what is sent out over NDI. I enabled Skype content creators mode, why does it keep turning off?
There are a couple reasons why Skype content creators mode may turn off after you've enabled it:
How do I get NDI streams into OBS?
- If you turn Skype content creators mode off during a call, the setting will remain off the next time you use the feature.
OBS requires that you download an additional plug-in
to utilize an NDI source. How do I stop the NDI feeds from changing sizes in OBS?
The Skype NDI automatically changes resolution based upon the network bandwidth that's available.
To keep a consistent size in OBS:
- Right-click the NDI source, and then select Transform
- Select Edit Transform.
- Change the Bounding Box Type to Scale inner bounds.