How do I invite members with personal Skype accounts to join my Skype Manager™?
There are two types of Skype account - personal and business. You can add colleagues to your Skype Manager either by creating business accounts for them, or by inviting members with their personal accounts by using their email address or Skype Name. Members with personal accounts can only belong to one Skype Manager at a time.
If your company’s registered address is not in the United States, you can add members to your Skype Manager with personal or business accounts. If your company’s registered address is in the United States, you cannot add members with personal accounts. United States-registered Skype Managers created before June 3, 2010 can retain already added members with personal accounts, but cannot add more members with personal accounts.
A member’s personal account cannot be converted into a business account. A personal account belongs to the person who created it and as a result cannot be fully managed and controlled by the administrator of a Skype Manager. To retain full control of your company's Skype usage, you should only add members with business accounts.
Inviting members with personal accounts using their email address
To invite members with personal accounts using their email address:
- Sign in to Skype Manager.
- Click Members in the toolbar to display the All members page.
- Click Invite by email to display the Invite personal members by email address page.
- Either enter the Skype Names of the people that you want to invite in the Enter Skype Name field or choose people to invite from your Skype Contact list by checking the box next to each Skype Name in the list displayed.
- If required, select the group you wish to add the new members to from the Add members to a group when they accept the invite drop-down list. Groups are a great way to manage members of your Skype Manager. If you have not already done so, you should create the groups that will enable you to manage your members most effectively.
- Click Send invites. Emails are sent to the new members to invite them to join your Skype Manager.
For more information on Skype Manager, there is a Quick Start Guide, a User Guide and several tutorial movies available on the Guides page of the Skype Support site.