What is the Logitech TV Cam HD?
The Logitech TV Cam HD is a wide angle camera that comes with Skype pre-installed. If the TV model you have does not support Skype, simply connect the camera to your HD television and to the internet, and you’re ready to go.
The following questions and answers will help you find out more information on the Logitech TV Cam HD:
- What features does Skype on the Logitech TV Cam HD support?
- Can I access my Skype contacts automatically using the Logitech TV Cam HD?
- How do I make a Skype call using the Logitech TV Cam HD?
- Can I use the Logitech TV Cam HD for Skype calls and watch regular TV at the same time?
- Can I receive a voice message if I cannot answer a call on Skype using the Logitech TV Cam HD?
- What if my TV is switched off when someone tries to call me?
- Can I take a picture for my Skype profile using the Logitech TV Cam HD?
- Sometimes I cannot make high quality video calls on Skype when using the Logitech TV Cam HD. Why?
- Can I sign in to the Logitech TV Cam HD with my Microsoft account?
- Where can I buy the Logitech TV Cam HD?
Skype on the Logitech TV Cam HD supports:
- High quality video calling
- High quality audio calling
- Group calling with audio only (you can join the group call, but not initiate one)
Skype on the Logitech TV Cam HD doesn’t currently support:
- Instant messaging
- Text messaging
- Screen sharing
Skype-to-Skype calls are free but to call mobiles and landlines, you’ll need a little Skype Credit or a subscription.
You cannot buy Skype Credit or a subscription using the Logitech TV Cam HD. However, you can buy them from your Skype account using some other device, like your computer or mobile phone, and then use them with Logitech TV Cam HD.
You cannot make emergency calls from Skype.
With the Logitech TV Cam HD, you can sign in to Skype right on your TV and find all your existing Skype contacts. You don’t need to add them manually.
Making a call from Skype using the Logitech TV Cam HD is just as easy as it would be on your computer or any other device. Simply select the contact you’d like to call and choose video or audio from their profile. The call immediately starts and connects if answered.
You can make a voice call and watch TV at the same time. However, if you make a video call, your TV screen will only display the Skype call.
Yes, you can receive a voice message if you cannot answer a call on Skype using the Logitech TV Cam HD. All you need to do is to enable Voice Messaging on your computer.
Voice Messaging is a free Skype feature.
The camera’s built-in ringtone rings when someone is calling you, regardless of whether your TV is on or off. The LED light on the front of the camera also blinks to alert you that there’s an incoming call. You can adjust the ringtone volume or turn it off completely.
Yes, using the Logitech TV Cam HD, you can take a picture and use it for your Skype profile. The profile picture will be used across all other devices that you use Skype on.
The Logitech TV Cam HD supports up to 720p HD resolution Skype video calls. However, the video quality of Skype calls depends on the internet connection speed available to both you and your contact. If there is more than 1.2 Mbps internet connection speed available for a call, then the video call will be in 720p HD resolution.
If you’ve recently joined Skype when you signed in with your Microsoft account on a different platform (such as Windows 8, Mac, Linux), (such as Windows 8, Mac, Linux), you can still sign in to your Logitech TV Cam HD; you'll just need to take a couple of extra steps first.
Such a Skype account is a technical one, and although it lets you use all of the great Skype features, you’ll need to find your Skype name to sign into your Logitech TV Cam HD. To find your Skype name:
- Navigate to Skype.com on your computer.
- Sign in using your Microsoft account.
- Click Account Settings under My Account.
- Under TV and Home Phone, click Set Up.
- You will see your assigned Skype name, and have the option to put in a password. If you do not have a password, create one, as you will need this to sign into Skype on you Logitech TV Cam HD.
You can now sign into your Logitech TV Cam HD using your Skype name and password.
Get support for the Logitech TV Cam HD on Logitech’s website.*
*Skype is not responsible for the content of external sites.