Adding contacts in Skype for Android phones
It's easy to find your friends who are using Skype and add them to your contacts. When you’ve added your friends, you can call, video call and instant message them on Skype, for free.
There's a new way to invite anyone to your call or conversation. You don't need to know their Skype name and they don't even need to have a Skype account to enjoy free voice, video and instant message conversations with you. Learn more.
Adding Skype contacts:
It’s easy to add a Skype contact in Skype for Android just like it is on your computer. You can also add your friends who are not using Skype to your Skype contact list, and call them on their mobile or landline via Skype. You’ll only need a little Skype Credit or a subscription to call mobiles and landlines.
Here's how to add a Skype contact:
- Sign in to Skype.
- Tap the middle Contacts tab.
- Tap the circular Add Contacts button in the bottom right of the screen.
- Type in a contact’s name, Skype Name, email address or phone number and press enter on your keypad or tap the magnifying glass symbol.
- Select the contact you want to add from the search results.
- Tap Add to contacts.
The person is added to your contact list, but will appear offline until they accept your request. After they’ve accepted your request, you can see when they’re online and make free voice and video calls with them.
If you don’t want to add people individually, you can automatically add people in your Android address book who are also on Skype. Tap the menu button, go to your profile, scroll to the bottom of your profile page, and then tap Settings. In your settings, tap the Automatically add friends option under Contacts, then tap the Use my address book option.
Adding mobile and landline numbers:
You can add a mobile or landline number to your Skype contact list, so you can reach your friends even when they’re not on Skype:
- Sign in to Skype.
- Tap the right-most Phone tab in the top menu bar.
- Tap the circular Dialer button in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Tap the Add Number icon in the bottom right corner.
- Enter the contact’s name and mobile or landline number, and then tap the check in the top right corner to save the contact. You can select the international dialing code by tapping the country. This will open a dropdown list with all international dialing codes. You can also select the phone number type.
- Alternatively, tap and hold any unsaved number in your Recent tab and the add number icon will appear. Simply tap it to enter the contact details, and save the number.
Learn how to manage your contacts in Skype for Android phones.