You can see, search and call your Skype contacts and Skype favorites directly from the Contacts app:
- Skype contacts are automatically merged with your phone contacts. If a Skype contact has a phone number that matches a phone number on your device contacts, the contacts will be merged so you will see all their contact information in one place. You may need to tap See all to expand a contact card.
- Skype Contacts appear under the All Contacts tab. There is also a Skype tab that shows only your Skype contacts and their status. And Skype Favorites appear under the Favorites tab.
It may take a little time for newly added contacts to appear in the list.
- To invite contacts not on Skype, go to their contact card, and tap Search Skype directory.
If you can't see your Skype contacts in the Contacts app, try the following:
- Ensure you are signed into Skype.
- In the Contacts app, tap Accounts from the menu. Or go to Settings > Accounts.
- Tap Skype, ensure Contact sync is set to On.
- If contacts are still not appearing under the Skype tab, go to Skype > Settings > Contacts, and select Copy to phone book.
In some cases, if users sign out of a Skype account that was syncing Skype contacts and sign into another Skype account, then the Contacts app might not be updated correctly. In that case, try the following to wipe the app data for both Skype and the Skype plugin:
- Go to Settings > Apps, and select Skype.
- Tap Storage, and select Clear data.
- Repeat the same step for Skype plugin.
- Go to Settings > Accounts, ensure Contact sync is set to On.
- Reboot the device.
If a Skype contact is not automatically merged with a phone book contact, try the following:
- Ensure the Skype contact has the phone number set in their profile.
If they do, go to Settings > Accounts > Skype, select Sync now from the menu and wait for some time (e.g.. one hour).
Alternatively you can:
- Go to the Contacts app and find the phone book contact.
- Tap to edit, then tap Merge.
- Select the Skype contact to merge with.