There are two ways to purchase subscriptions in Skype: in the Skype app, and on the web.
Important: If you are in India and your automatic payment fails, it might be due to new regulations effective October 1, 2021. Learn more about what this change means for you.
Purchasing Subscriptions in the Skype App
- Open Skype on your device.
- Select your profile picture.
- Select Skype to Phone.
- Under Subscriptions, find a subscription you want. Choose View all subscriptions to see more options if available.
- Select the Continue button for the subscription you want to purchase:
Alternatively, you may have an option to try free for a month.
- On Windows, Mac, Linux, and Android, follow the instructions to enter any billing or payment information.
- On iPhone and iPad, scroll down and choose Pay Now*, then confirm payment through the App Store.
Android 4.0.4 - 5.1
- Tap Menu.
- Tap My profile then tap Edit at the top.
- Under Recommended subscriptions, tap View all subscriptions to choose from more options.
Purchasing Subscriptions on the Web
- Sign in to your account.
- Under your profile picture, choose one of the following options:
- If you do not have an active Skype subscription, under Recommended subscription select View all subscriptions.
- If you have an active subscription, select Add subscription.
- Note: If you are on an iPhone or iPad and these options are not available, you may need to clear the history and cookies on your device and sign in again.
- Select the Continue button for the subscription you want to purchase. Alternatively, you may have an option to try free for a month:
- Choose your billing period, then select Continue.
- Enter your billing address, if prompted.
- Choose your payment method:
- If you’ve paid for Skype products before and saved your payment method:
Choose one of your stored payment methods or select Use a new payment method to enter a new one.
- If it’s your first time purchasing a Skype product:
You'll be prompted to add a new payment method. Choose your payment type and enter your details.
- Select Pay now*, then follow the instructions to complete the payment.
Your Subscription will show as a delivered order in your account, and you’ll see the Subscription displayed in Skype. You can now call mobiles and landlines.
Ready to learn more?
How do I purchase Skype Credit?
I just purchased Skype Credit but I cannot make any calls...
Troubleshooting Skype subscriptions